Venture Capital 101
- Something Ventured watch
Documentary on the creation of the US venture capital industry.
- Secret History of Silicon Valley watch
Talk on the creation of Silicon Valley, as an entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- The Money Man open
Forbes article from 1-nov-68 on the rise of Arthur Rock, VC’s founding father.
- US VC genealogy link
Mapping of VC firms, their founders, and some of their most interesting investments.
- On Bullshit by Harry Frankfurt read book
- Zero to One by Peter Thiel read book
- The Hard Things About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz read book
- Technological Revolutions and Financial Capital by Carlota Perez read book
- A Dozen Lessons for Entrepreneurs by Tren Griffin read book
- The Startup Owner Manual by Steve Blank read book
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries read book
- Cheatsheet open
1-pager on where/how to play. 1-pager on risks involved.
- The Struggle open
Start a company? If you need inspiring words, you should not do it.
- Breaking into VC open
A 2-pager explaining some of the key value-add skills of a VC.
- Blitzscaling link
The official collection for Stanford’s CS183C: Technology-enabled Blitzscaling.
- Power Law link
A step by step model to show the effect of the power law in venture portfolio construction.
- Cost of missing a winning deal link
AngelList data shows superior performance by someone who blindly invests in every credible deal.
- Network Effects link
A manual that communicates the importance, variety, and complexity of network effects.
- Acqui-hiring link
A paper offering one of the first formal-description on the acqui-hire phenomenon.